Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Hi everyone! Once again, time has gotten away from me and it's been longer than I intended between posts. Today I want to talk about my favorite lip products and a couple of botanical hair products.

 The first item on my list is Pretty Amazing Lipcolor from Bare Escentuals. Let me start by saying that I absolutely HATE lipstick. I don't like the taste or smell or the way it makes my lips feel dry after a while. I'm more of a lipgloss kind of girl. Lately, I've decided to experiment with richer, deeper colors than a lipgloss can provide. I came across this truly wonderful lipcolor. The name says it all! This is a hybrid between a lipgloss and a lipstick. It is highly pigmented, smooth, and has the perfect amount of shine. It has a great applicator wand that just hugs the contours of your lips and a little goes a long way. It has no unpleasant taste or smell. It is not sticky at all (which I love.) It also keeps my lips moisturized and provides long-lasting wear. I was so smitten by this product I got it in Witty, Strength, Ambition and Confidence. It is a little pricey but well worth the money. Amazon carries it cheaper than Sephora or Bare Escentuals (it retails for $16.) I will never be without a tube of this product in my purse!



As far as lipgloss, my favorite is L'Oreal Infallible. It is slightly more expensive than other drugstore brands (about $10) but cheaper than the cosmetics counter. The applicator wand took a bit of getting used to since it is angled and flexible. Once I mastered it's use, I couldn't get enough of it. This product also has no offensive taste or smell. It is not sticky and does not "bleed" like some other brands. It also lasts a lot longer than most other lipglosses. My absolute favorite color in this line is Rebel Red. Again, Amazon offers this gloss at a much better price than the drugstores.


 


Now for the hair products. I tried the Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner. This is pretty expensive. I was offered free shipping plus free samples for my birthday, so I ordered the cheapest product I could find. That was the Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner (2 oz. for $10) I also got samples of the Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo and Damage Reverse Restorative Serum. I used them for an entire week and I was not impressed. First of all, I needed extra shampoo in order to make it lather. The conditioner was not too rich and I had trouble detangling my hair. They are supposed to have a "botanical" scent but it was not very pleasant. I also did not notice any improvement in my hair. In fact, it was strange...my hair felt soft but not silky or smooth. Almost like it had a film or residue on it. As for the serum, I still think my BioSilk is far superior and less expensive for a bigger bottle. Not a fan
of this line at all.





The other botanical hair products I tried were the Aveda Color Conserve Shampoo and Conditioner. Now, this line I loved! This shampoo lathered well and the color loss was minimal (my cherry red fades very quickly with daily washing.) The conditioner was rich and detangled my hair easily. They both have a botanical scent that is very pleasing and relaxing. I also used these samples for a full week and I can definitely say that they have helped to preserve my color. I will be definitely be purchasing full size
bottles as soon as I run out of my regular shampoo and conditioner



Thanks for listening to my rants and raves and I hope you'll join me next time. I will be reviewing facial primers and other random goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment