Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hi everyone! I know, I know...it's been a while but life gets busy sometimes despite our best laid plans.  Here's my latest read.



I really enjoyed this book. It had a great twist on the whole zombie thing. These zombies are not flesh eaters but intelligent hosts to a fungus. This is a fungus that demands to be spread in its search for new hosts (an organic pesticide gone awry.) The story takes place in Florida and the residents of the quarantined area need to get to the border and be cleared.

You can imagine the chaos that ensues (looting, horrific traffic jams, lack of food and water, violence.) I really wanted to like the characters but their flaws (which do make them human) make them unlikeable. No loyalty or honor here.

The whole idea of airborne spores is completely frightening to me. So, despite the characters, the story is definitely worth reading.

I would definitely recommend this story to my fellow zombie fans out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment