Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hello to everyone! I'm back with more of my unsolicited opinions...I just love to share! I am often told that I don't look old enough to have an 18 year old son. People frequently tell me I look 5-10 years younger than my 41 years. A big part of it is due to the fact that I don't drink, smoke or worship the sun. However, I also believe my skin routine is very important and here are my favorite products.

I start by washing my face with Olay Professional Pro-X Restorative Cream Cleanser. I love the way this product lathers and leaves my face feeling soft and clean. Never tight or dry. The only thing I don't like about this product is the bottle. It's fine unless you drop it. Then the entire contents end up in your sink or shower floor because the pump top pops off. Despite the bad design, the product itself is superior and I highly recommend it.

 

Next, I dab tiny amounts of Strivectin-SD Intensive Concentrate For Existing Stretch Marks Cream around my eyes (where "crows feet" can form) and around the mouth area (where laugh lines can form.) This cream was formulated for stretch marks but is great for preventing wrinkles and diminishing them (for those who already have them.) This is a little pricey but a little goes a long way and one tube will last for a long, long time.

 

I let the Strivectin-SD soak in for a little bit and then I follow with Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum. I use this wonderful serum on my face, neck/decolletage, and hands. It helps keep your skin dewy and youthful. It glides on and leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth. It's wonderful under makeup since it helps the makeup go on smoothly and stay put.

 

Once the serum soaks in I follow with Olay Professional Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex. The skin surrounding our eyes is delicate and does not keep moisture as well as the rest of our skin. This cream is thick and rich but absorbs well and leaves the eye area feeling refreshed. Again, a little goes a long way and a small dot will cover the entire eye area, top and bottom.

 

The final step is the moisturizer. For daytime I love Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer. It has 30 SPF to help keep my skin protected from the damaging effects of the sun. It goes on light and is absorbed quickly but is very moisturizing.

 
 
For night, I use Olay Professional Pro-X Hydra Firming Cream. So rich and moisturizing! I love the way my skin feels in the morning dewy and refreshed.

 

So far, my beauty regimen seems to be working and keeping my skin as young as possible. I have tried other lines before: Estee Lauder, L'Ancome, Borghese, etc. Olay has been my favorite so far...and more affordable too. I also only wash my face with cleanser at night and rinse with plain water during my morning shower. I read several articles about how we wash our faces too much and end up stripping our skin. This practice of washing only once a day has worked well for me and has reduced breakouts.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Beautiful thank you for the great tips on the olay products ;) im trying some currently because of you, and I'm trying to figure out which will work best for me...;) thank you and keep the great tips!

    ReplyDelete