Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while but it's a new year and I have a huge list of books and products to review. Here's the first installment of the year... I recently read a book that was so much more than what it appears to be at first glance. Yes, it's a bloody story but the author gives the characters such depth that the gore almost becomes secondary. I loved this book. Here's my review: OK, this book WAS violent, bloody and gory but...there was so much more to it. The characters were well-developed and believable. Roger and Tooth are human, flawed and with a great desire to survive. It takes a talented author to be able to shock me AND move me. Ryan C. Thomas does both. This book is about the strength of the human spirit in the face of unrestrained brutality. I don't want to give away too much but this book is definitely worth reading. I could not put it down and, when I finished it, had to immediately download the sequel. Can't wait for the movie! I am currently working on Horns by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son.) I will review it when done!

No comments:

Post a Comment