Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's been a long, very hectic two weeks. I haven't had much opportunity to test products (since I want to give an honest opinion when I do.) Here are the few I've recently tested. I will try my hardest to post more often. I tried a sample of Perfect Results Triple Silk Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I had never heard of this brand so I didn't know what to expect. The shampoo did not smell good. I'm not sure how to describe it but it had an unpleasant chemical smell. The conditioner was better smelling (though still not good) and was creamy. It detangled my hair well enough. I was surprised that, after my hair dried, the combination of shampoo and conditioner DID leave my hair smelling great. I couldn't stop smelling it and it felt very soft and silky. I might actually break down and get full size bottles of these two. The next product I tested was a sample of Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize Shampoo and Conditioner. Now, these smelled great. The shampoo had a luxurious later and the conditioner was thick, creamy and great for detangling my ends. My hair felt good after it dried but I was not anything out of the ordinary. If you're looking for shampoo that has a pleasant smell, this is a good option for you. I also tried John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner for Breakage Prone Hair. I recently discovered the John Frieda brand and I absolutely love the minty scent they use in these shampoos and conditioners. They make my hair look, feel and smell great. Did it make my hair stronger and protect against breakage? I don't know because this was a single-use sample. So far I've been impressed with the quality of these products and will probably find a formula that targets my specific hair needs and buy the full size product. This next sample was a wonderful Facebook freebie. It was a $10 tube of L'Occitane hand creme that I had to pick up at the store, but it was worth the drive. I absolutely love this hand creme. It is rich and oh-so-creamy. It has a light scent, absorbs well and does not leave a greasy residue. I use it at night and my hands feel wonderful in the morning. This is one I would definitely say, "BUY IT!" I will always make sure I have a tube in my purse and one by my bed at night. Since I had to go to the Gardens on El Paseo to visit L'Occitane, I went ahead and stopped at the Aveda Salon for my other in-store sample which I had a coupon for (I usually make these sample runs with my BFF and it's a fun girls' outing.) Anyway, I had never been to one of their salons and it was a wonderful experience. They greeted us with a lovely cup of iced tea and a hand massage with their awesome hand lotion. I received samples of their shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair, a leave in hair conditioner and their hand lotion. So far, I have only tried their leave in hair conditioning treatment. It has a pleasant, natural scent and a little goes along way. My hair felt soft and moisturized throughout the day. The hand lotion was really good, too. It is nicely scented. Moisturizing, but light, and does not feel greasy. It's supposed to last through 4 hand-washings, though I'm not sure if that's accurate. This is another lotion to carry in your purse and I will definitely keep a tube on my desk at work. That's all for now but I promise to check in again soon with my "priceless" opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment