Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Well, this week was horribly busy....reviewed several products but had no time to blog until now.

Tuesday I sampled 2 beauty products and one food item. The first items were Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. I found both these items to be just average. The smell was ok, the shampoo lathered well and the conditioner was creamy and detangled my hair just fine. I didn't notice any outstanding results but my hair felt fine throughout the day.

Tuesday night I tried Lawry's Chicken Marsala seasoning packet courtesy of BzzAgent This recipe was easy to prepare but I am not a big fan of mushrooms so it wasn't my favorite. I used fresh mushrooms and served it with mashed potatoes and veggies. My family ate it and said it was ok but no one asked for me to purchase it in the future. We really enjoyed the Lawry's Southwest Chicken Skillet. We liked those ingredients better and it was an entire meal requiring no side dishes.

Wednesday I tried John Frieda's Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. Now this combo I LOVED!!! The scent was amazing and invigorating. Perfect for waking up during your morning shower. The shampoo lathered well and rinsed clean. The conditioner was thick and luxurious. It left my hair soft, shiny and smelling wonderful. I will definitely be buying this product in the future.

Thursday I sampled Garnier Fructis Fortifying Pure Clean shampoo and conditioner. It claims it is for "a greener world" I was definitely not impressed by this duo. The scent was so-so but it lathered and rinsed fine. The conditioner was weak and watery and did not detangle my hair. It left my ends tangly for the rest of the day (even after frequent brushing.) I will never purchase either one of these products.

Friday I used John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Shampoo, Conditioner and Serum. I was not familiar with John Frieda products (except for their foam hair color which I got a free coupon for) until this week. I am very impressed by the quality of these products. This shampoo smelled good. It also lathered and rinsed easily. The conditioner was rich and creamy and did a great job detangling my ends. The serum was great too. I could not stop playing with my hair. It left my hair sleek,silky and glossy....just wonderful to touch. This might be one product I am willing to give up my BioSilk serum for. Loved it!

Saturday I used L'Oreal EverStrong shampoo, conditioner and overnight repair treatment. So far, I am not impressed by the L'Oreal "Ever" line. This EverStrong shampoo smelled great and lathered wonderfully but it did not rinse well. I rinsed for a long time but I still felt like it left residue in my hair. The conditioner was creamy and detangled my hair but it was not exceptional. The overnight repair treatment left a residue in my hair (not as bad as the EverSleek leave-in conditioner, which left a thick, greasy residue in my hair, but still residue.)

Sunday was another crazy, busy day (grocery shopping, cleaning the pantry, freezer and fridge, laundry, doggy baths, etc.) so I just had one item for today. Gold Bond Deep Moisture Body Wash Sensitive Skin This body wash had a rich creamy lather. It did moisturize my skin and two hours later it still passed the "fingernail scratch test" (no dry skin line when I ran my nail down the skin of my arm.) The only thing I didn't like was the lack of scent. I understand this is because of the "sensitive skin" formula, which is great for people with allergies. However, I prefer a scented body wash so it's not for me.

Thanks to those of you who joined me and please feel free to comment if you have your own opinion on these products I have reviewed. Also, you may purchase any of the products through the Amazon.com links. Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment